I suggest you ...

Date Calculations

Build some basic functions around Dates that allow calculations to be done on Date Fields. Days(), Year(), Weekday(), etc

Looking to do basic date calculations like days(enddate) - days(startdate) = duration in days

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RickRick shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

As a potential new user wondering where this critical feature landed - looks like the thread began ~2 years ago with feature planned to be launched by end of 2015.

• BruceBruce commented  · 

I am a new user, and having date calculations like those we use in Google Sheets/Excel will be necessary for us calculate ages and perform similar "date arithmetic." Hope it arrives soon. Have to say, though, it was wonderfully simple to get most of our database up and running so quickly. Really appreciate the support.

• RyanRyan commented  · 

We need this feature for our Project naming convention....

[Client Code] "-" [YYMMDD] "-" [id]

Any idea on how to do that?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would this plugin be able to filter something like:
        select if “date field” > TODAYSDATE and < TODAYSDATE+7

• Zengine Customer SuccessAdminZengine Customer Success (Admin, Zengine) commented  · 

Yes; to add a bit to the 6/30 comment...the core system will eventually be getting more powerful date calculation features but this is possible now using a plugin that you could develop or Zengine could develop for you - depending on where you want to use it and what you want to use it for.

• Zengine Customer SuccessAdminZengine Customer Success (Admin, Zengine) commented  · 

We will not be releasing date calculations by July 31, 2015. However, we do have at least one client using a custom plugin to display custom date calculations on the record overlay sidebar. If something like that would work for you, contact us and we can get you hooked up with something similar.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Any ideas if you will release (date diff) some Date calculations by July 31st 2015 ?

• Natalie HirschAdminNatalie Hirsch (Product Manager, Zengine) commented  · 

This feature is not yet available. We are currently working on some very big database changes that will let us support this feature in the future. It's still on the roadmap for this year, but I don't have a specific date for release.

Feedback and Knowledge Base