I suggest you ...

Share data across workspaces

Hi,

I was originally going to make 2 workspaces: 1 for CRM and 1 for product/inventory tracking. The vendors of the products would ideally be available in my
1) general contacts
2) list of vendors for manufacturing

Is it possible to share a form between two workspaces? If not, it sounds like I should put all my shared data into 1 workspace, even if it is two completely different realms such as contact management and manufacturing.

59 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jason shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    gathering feedback  ·  Mike Levinson responded  · 

Your thinking is exactly right on all fronts here. With the design of
    workspaces it would be cleanest to keep different areas of your business in
    different workspaces; so having contacts in one and vendors in another
    would be great. But, as you pointed out we don’t currently allow the
    lookups or links between workspaces (although it is something on our longer
    term roadmap). As you suggested the workaround for now would be to put
    them both in one workspace. Fortunately with our user roles you can create
    any security you might want so only certain people can see certain tables
    so although it would be a bit easier to organize if things were separate
    having it all in one place should work fine.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I would endorse the ability to talk between workspaces. Linking forms in a single workplace goes only so far. I would like to be able to link data across more than one workspace. i.e. we have individual workspaces to track each building project, but also need a workspace that covers all properties and their owners....ummmm....????

• AdminZengine Customer Success (Admin, Zengine) commented  · 

This is in our plans and will likely be out mid 2016. The tricky part here is handling permissions and security as we take those very seriously and don't want to expose data from one workspace to another unless we are sure we should.

In the meantime there are two workarounds that will work for some people:
        (1) you can create multiple forms in the same workspace and use permissions to hide things from people. so while you may want a CRM in one workspace and a Vendor system in another; you can create them as two distinct forms in one workspace and then use permissions to manage who has access to them

(2) depending on why you want the cross funtional data it's possible to build a plugin that can provide this; especially for output (reporting, dashboards).

If you have specific needs for this before we release this upgrade please contact us at support@zenginehq.com and we can discuss one on one what the best solution might be.

• Ryan commented  · 

Any update on this?

• Louisa commented  · 

Yes, this is crucial. Especially with contact management and event management workspaces. For example one contact/ company may have several events over the course of a year.
        If the contact management and event management workspaces cannot be connected, it creates double work.

• Ryan commented  · 

OMG...+3 times a million on this one ;-)

• Kian Nabavi commented  · 

Seems we have no relation between workplaces and we'd not call any information from its data bases to the other workplaces.

So, at least it would be great to have an individual CRM to work with all workplaces at the same time./ OR JUST share one workplace tocommunicate between others.

This feature is neccessary for implementation of all stuff in Zengine.

Feedback and Knowledge Base